Several members have requested an opportunity to clarify our purpose in having a Community Seed Bank, and what options we have for future directions.
In addition to this ‘big picture’ discussion, there are also some logistical issues to go over. these include:
– Should we freeze a portion of our harvest?
– What about seed curating? (members agree to take on a seed variety and grow it out each year)
– How do we increase the number of growers/savers?
– Should we save only seeds that are difficult to find?
– Should we buy seeds that are on our Wish List?
Your input is very important on these questions, and any others that you might be thinking about.
We are fortunate again to have the use of the common room at Creekside, from 1 to 4pm. Sunday, January 26.
Please let me know if you plan on coming. If you can bring snacks, please let me know that too.
I look forward to seeing you on Jan 26.