In search of the perfect bean burger.
BEAN AND ROASTED SWEET POTATO BURGER.
1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks (about 1 cup)
2 Tablespoons oil
pinch of salt
2 cups cooked beans
1/2 cup finely diced onion
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground chili powder (or less)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons tamari
1/8 cup cornmeal
- Mix sweet potato with 1 tablespoon oil and salt and roast for 20 to 25 mins at 425 F
- Warm remaining tablespoon oil in saute pan and saute onion till browned (about 5 mins)
- In blender pulse all the ingredients, plus the sweet potato and onion, being careful not to overmix.
- Season to taste and form patties.
- Brown patties in heavy skillet with a little oil.
- Serve with tomato, onion, sprouts or maybe green chili guacamole?