A great dish for potlucks. I good served over brown rice.
1 1/2 tablespoons Cumin seeds
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 white onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, finely diced, for less heat remove the seeds.
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 cups finely diced mushrooms
1 zucchini, diced
1/2 cup diced potato
6 cups cooked beans – can use several varieties or all the same – experiment with whatever you grew and saved.
2 cups chopped tomatoes – San Marzano or any paste tomatoes are good.
2 cups water
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
1 cup kale, chopped.
- Toast cumin seeds on dry pan on medium heat for 2 minutes till you smell the robust aroma.
- Add oil, onion, garlic and jalapeno. Stir till onion is golden
- Add chili powder, mushrooms, zucchini and potato. Saute and stir for 3 to 4 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the kale. Stir well and cover. Reduce heat and cook gently till potatoes are tender.
- Remove form heat and stir in the kale.