Welcome to the Comox Valley Growers and Seed Savers website. This is your “home-grown” resource for do-it-yourself organic food production and seed saving in the Comox Valley!
We now have our own hand powered seed winnower (to separate the seed from the chaff) and use of an electric seed thresher (to separate the grain from the stalk). See more under Resources
Here are some of the features of this website:
- New growers and veterans alike benefit from our cornucopia of gardening tips, written or chosen by local fellow gardeners with experience in this area.
- Learn to save seeds such as tomato and lettuce – it’s easy and rewarding!
- Find out about events like Seedy Saturday in March, Plant Sale in May, Garden Tours, and our schedule of Monthly Meetings. You won’t want to miss them.
Thinking of joining our group?
- Monthly meetings with news and guest speakers – click here to see past topics.
- Volunteers are welcome to help with various events, such as plant sales, garden tours, library work, Seed Bank tasks, booths and tables, and Monthly Meetings set-up.
- Best of all, being a member puts you in touch with other gardeners. We share stories, gardening challenges and successes, and celebrate the bounty of nature.