Welcome to the Comox Valley Growers and Seed Savers website. This is your “home-grown” resource for do-it-yourself organic food production and seed saving in the Comox Valley!
For our members use we have our own hand powered seed winnower (to separate the seed from the chaff) and use of an electric seed thresher (to separate the grain from the stalk). See more under Resources.
Join the movement to save the diversity of our food crops by saving seeds from you favourite food crops and share them with your community. At CVGSS we share our knowledge, our experiences, good and bad, and we share our seeds.
Join the Comox Valley Growers and Seed Savers!
Information on this website includes:
- Gardening tips for new growers and veterans.
- Information on saving seeds such as tomato and lettuce.
- Information about events like Seedy Saturday in March, Plant Sale in May, Garden Tours, and our schedule of Monthly Meetings. You won’t want to miss them.
Membership benefits :
- Monthly meetings with news and guest speakers.
- Volunteer opportunities at various events, such as plant sales, garden tours, Fall Fair exhibits booths and Monthly Meetings set-up.
- Best of all, being a member brings contact with other gardeners. We have a garden open house schedule in the summer, we share stories, gardening challenges and successes and celebrate the bounty of nature.